In honor of Dick Karp's five years of service as Founding Director of the Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing, we invited Russell Impagliazzo to interview him about some of the key developments in theoretical computer science during his long and distinguished career.
Dick Karp steps down as Director of the Simons Institute on December 31, 2017. He will be succeeded by Shafi Goldwasser.
- Letter from the Director, Fall 2017
- In Memoriam: Michael B. Cohen (1992 - 2017)
- In Order Not to Discriminate, We Might Have to Discriminate
- From the Inside: Optimization (1 of 2)
- From the Inside: Optimization (2 of 2)
- Research Vignette: Ramsey Graphs and the Error of Explicit 2-Source Extractors
- Research Vignette: Promise and Limitations of Generative Adversarial Nets (GANs)
- Simons Institute YouTube Channel Reaches 1 Million Views
- Looking Ahead: Spring 2018