The Simons Institute is delighted to announce the launch of our new documentary web series, Theory Shorts, which explores the research taking place in our programs.
Episode 1, “Perception as Inference: The Brain and Computation,” examines the computational processes by which the brain builds visual models of the external world, based on noisy or incomplete data from patterns of light sensed on the retinae.
- Letter from the Director, May 2020
- What do Algorithmic Fairness and COVID-19 Case-Severity Prediction Have in Common? | Simons Institute Polylogues
- Research Resilience Under Quarantine | Simons Institute Polylogues
- Feature: Muddled Models
- From the Inside: Online and Matching-Based Market Design
- From the Inside: Proofs, Consensus, and Decentralizing Society
- Research Vignette: Geometry of Polynomials
- This Spring at the Simons Institute