On March 16, 2020, the Simons Institute closed its doors temporarily in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. All of the Institute’s activities migrated online — research programs, workshops, workshops, collaboration meetings, even daily tea.
In this episode of Simons Institute Polylogues, Director Shafi Goldwasser interviews a group of program organizers and participants about research resilience under quarantine.
Featuring: Shweta Agrawal (IIT Madras), Zvika Brakerski (Weizmann Institute), Vinod Vaikuntanathan (MIT), Umesh Vazirani (UC Berkeley), Thomas Vidick (Caltech), Hoeteck Wee (ENS Paris and NTT Research), and Henry Yuen (University of Toronto).
- Letter from the Director, May 2020
- Perception as Inference: The Brain and Computation | Theory Shorts
- What do Algorithmic Fairness and COVID-19 Case-Severity Prediction Have in Common? | Simons Institute Polylogues
- Feature: Muddled Models
- From the Inside: Online and Matching-Based Market Design
- From the Inside: Proofs, Consensus, and Decentralizing Society
- Research Vignette: Geometry of Polynomials
- This Spring at the Simons Institute