Wei Hu is a Postdoctoral Scholar at UC Berkeley, affiliated with the Foundations of Data Science Institute. In Fall 2022, he will be joining the University of Michigan as an Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Engineering. He obtained his PhD degree from Princeton University in 2021, and his BE degree from Tsinghua University in 2016, both in Computer Science. He is broadly interested in the foundations of modern machine learning, in particular deep learning and related topics. He aims to obtain a solid, rigorous, and practically relevant theoretical understanding of machine learning methods, as well as to develop principles to make machine learning systems better in terms of reliability and efficiency.
- Summer Cluster: Deep Learning Theory, Summer 2022. Visiting Postdoc.
- Causality, Spring 2022. Visiting Postdoc.
- Learning and Games, Spring 2022. Visiting Postdoc.
- Computational Complexity of Statistical Inference, Fall 2021. Visiting Postdoc.
- Geometric Methods in Optimization and Sampling, Fall 2021. Visiting Postdoc.