Peter Bartlett is the Associate Director of the Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing and professor in EECS and Statistics at the University of California at Berkeley. His research interests include machine learning and statistical learning theory, and he is the co-author of the book Neural Network Learning: Theoretical Foundations. He has been Institute of Mathematical Statistics Medallion Lecturer, winner of the Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year, Australian Laureate Fellow, Fellow of the IMS, Fellow of the ACM, and Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science.
- Theory of Reinforcement Learning, Fall 2020. Visiting Scientist.
- Foundations of Deep Learning, Summer 2019. Visiting Scientist.
- Foundations of Data Science, Fall 2018. Visiting Scientist.
- Foundations of Machine Learning, Spring 2017. Visiting Scientist, Program Organizer and Workshop Organizer.
- Algorithms and Uncertainty, Fall 2016. Visiting Scientist.
- Information Theory, Spring 2015. Visiting Scientist.
- Algorithmic Spectral Graph Theory, Fall 2014. Visiting Scientist.