Nika Haghtalab is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at UC Berkeley.
Nika works broadly on the theoretical aspects of machine learning and algorithmic economics. She especially cares about developing a theory for machine learning that accounts for its interactions with people and organizations, and the wide range of social and economic limitations, aspiration, and behavior they demonstrate.
- Data-Driven Decision Processes, Fall 2022. Workshop Organizer.
- Learning and Games, Spring 2022. Visiting Scientist.
- Computational Complexity of Statistical Inference, Fall 2021. Visiting Scientist.
- Probability, Geometry, and Computation in High Dimensions, Fall 2020. Visiting Scientist.
- Theory of Reinforcement Learning, Fall 2020. Visiting Scientist.