Moritz Hardt is an assistant professor in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences Department at UC Berkeley. Prior to joining UC Berkeley, he was a senior research scientist at Google, a researcher at IBM Almaden and a research scholar at Carnegie Mellon University. He completed his PhD in Computer Science at Princeton University in 2011, where his advisor was Boaz Barak. He obtained a BSc and a MSc in Computer Science from Saarland University in 2007.
- Foundations of Deep Learning, Summer 2019. Visiting Scientist and Workshop Organizer.
- Summer Cluster: Fairness, Summer 2019. Visiting Scientist.
- Data Privacy: Foundations and Applications, Spring 2019. Visiting Scientist.
- Bridging Continuous and Discrete Optimization, Fall 2017. Workshop Organizer.
- Theoretical Foundations of Big Data Analysis, Fall 2013. Visiting Scientist.