Avishay Tal is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at UC Berkeley. He is part of Berkeley's Theory Group.
Prior to that, Avishay was a Motwani Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Stanford University, hosted by Omer Reingold. He earned his PhD in 2015 from the Weizmann Institute of Science, under the guidance of Ran Raz. His research interests include complexity theory, analysis of Boolean functions, circuit and formula lower bounds, pseudorandomness, decision-tree complexity, and the relationship between algorithms and complexity.
- Analysis and TCS: New Frontiers, Summer 2023. Visiting Scientist, Program Organizer and Workshop Organizer.
- Computational Complexity of Statistical Inference, Fall 2021. Visiting Scientist.
- Summer Cluster in Quantum Computation, Summer 2021. Visiting Scientist.
- Probability, Geometry, and Computation in High Dimensions, Fall 2020. Visiting Scientist.
- Lower Bounds in Computational Complexity, Fall 2018. Research Fellow.